WHY JOIN GEORGIA PRESCHOOL or WHAT WILL $15.00 BUY?
Membership in the Georgia Preschool Association (GPA) is worth more than the few dollars we pay or the little membership card we receive. It gives us the privilege of being an active part of the largest early childhood association in the state of Georgia.
We are an Association…
committed to promoting quality care and education for young children.
unified in the field of early childhood education and focused on the needs of young children.
providing training opportunities at our annual conference and district workshops led by national and local educators.
presenting opportunities to exchange ideas concerning successful operation of preschool classrooms, as well as earning state approved credits to conference participants while promoting high standards of teaching competency.
heightening public awareness of the needs for and the benefit of high quality, developmentally appropriate early childhood programs through parent education and community involvement.
and advocating effective legislation which will insure the best early education programs in Georgia.
WHY JOIN GEORGIA PRESCHOOL?
Because we care about Georgia’s children.
Georgia Preschool Association offers three types of membership.
Group Membership is open to schools and centers offering early childhood educational programs in the state of Georgia.
Individual Membership is open to directors, administrative staff, preschool teachers, parents, and anyone involved in the professional care and education of young children.
Student Membership is open to students taking a minimum of 10 hours. (Must provide proof with school transcript.)
Why become a member of GPA?
Members of GPA will receive a reduced registration fee to the Annual Conference.
Members will have access to a network of other educators throughout the State of Georgia.
Members will also have access to other seminars and mini-conferences throughout the year.
Become a member today...
Click here to view a printable version of the membership application.
You may now pay membership fees using PayPal.
**Please note, if paying by PayPal, a service fee has been added to the membership fees.**
Learn how to become a Board Member
· Work with other Board members who are passionate about the education and care of young children
· Support teachers by promoting conferences and educational opportunities that are responsive to the developmental needs of children.
· Act as an advocate to highlight the value of early childhood education to parents and our community
· Be an active member of Georgia Preschool Association
· Attend quarterly Board meetings (some Saturdays)
· Attend annual Georgia Preschool Association Conference (perform duties as assigned)
· Contribute to the general activities of the Board through committee work – such as Service Projects, Silent Auction, Social Media/Communications.
No need to be certified, a director, or have a degree in Early Childhood Education. Our only requirement is that you have a love for kids and a desire to better the education field.